When it comes to creating a warm and inviting atmosphere outdoors, portable fire pits have become a staple for gathering friends and family around for memorable moments. SoloStove has established itself as a reputable brand in the world of outdoor fire pits, offering a range of options to suit various needs and preferences. In this blog post, we’ll compare two of their popular models: the SoloStove Mesa and the SoloStove Mesa XL. Let’s delve into the details and help you decide which one is the best fit for your outdoor space.
- Size and Capacity: The first and most noticeable difference between the SoloStove Mesa and the SoloStove Mesa XL is their size. The Mesa measures 6.8 in tall and 5.1 in diameter, while the Mesa XL boasts a larger 8.6 in tall and 7 in diameter. The size difference directly translates to the burning capacity, flame, and heat output of the fire pits. The Mesa XL can accommodate larger logs and offers a more significant fire experience, making it ideal for larger gatherings or for those who want a more prominent fire presence.
- Portability: Both the Mesa and the Mesa XL are designed with portability in mind. However, due to its larger size, the Mesa XL might be slightly less convenient to transport than the more compact Mesa. If you plan to take your fire pit on camping trips or to different outdoor locations frequently, the Mesa might be a better option in terms of ease of transportation.
- Heat Output and Efficiency: The Mesa XL’s larger size not only allows for more substantial fires but also contributes to higher heat output compared to the Mesa. If you’re looking for a fire pit that can provide ample warmth for a larger seating area or in chillier weather, the Mesa XL’s enhanced heat efficiency might be more appealing to you. On the other hand, if you’re considering a fire pit for a cozier setting, the Mesa’s heat output might suffice.
- Aesthetics and Design: Both the Mesa and the Mesa XL share the same sleek and minimalist design that SoloStove is known for. Their stainless steel construction not only enhances their durability but also adds a touch of modern elegance to any outdoor space. The choice between the two models mainly comes down to the aesthetic you prefer and how it fits into your outdoor décor.
- Price Point: Unsurprisingly, the larger Mesa XL comes with a slightly higher price tag than the Mesa due to its increased size and enhanced features. When deciding between the two, consider your budget and how much you’re willing to invest in your outdoor fire pit experience.
- Fuel: The Mesa and the Mesa XL can both use wood or pellets for fuel. The Mesa requires an additional adapter inside the pit to use pellets. Smaller desktop firepits can be difficult to find wood the right size to fit in the fire pit. The Mesa XL is slightly more convenient for adding small wood chips. Using pellets is an easier option for fuel using the Mesa and Mesa XL. The fire will burn for about 30 min when using a full load of logs or pellets.
Conclusion: Choosing between the SoloStove Mesa and the SoloStove Mesa XL ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you prioritize portability and have a smaller outdoor space, the Mesa might be the perfect fit. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a fire pit that can accommodate larger gatherings and provide substantial heat output, the Mesa XL could be the ideal choice. Whichever model you choose, both the Mesa and the Mesa XL promise to elevate your outdoor gatherings with their sleek design and efficient fire capabilities.